Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tiny Dancer

Maggie had her first tap and ballet class on Monday and it was a HUGE success! She loves it! At first I thought she only loved it because of the cute outfit, ballet slippers and the clickity sound the tap shoes makes, but after that first class she showed me that she really enjoyed learning some of the basics to ballet and tap and being with the other girls. She was a little timid the first half of the class and wanted me right by her side, but she eventually warmed up to the teacher and some of the girls and really tried her hardest to mimic the teacher's dance moves. There are nine other 3 year-olds in her class and they all looked adorable! I included a picture of most of them below because it was so cute to see them all in their tutu's and tap shoes prancing around the studio (most of them dancing to the beat of their own drum!). There are a set of twins in the class and just seeing them in their matching tutu's made me wish Joe was a girl so I could do that too! *Don't worry...Joe WILL NOT be wearing a tutu!  (unless his sisters dress him up)
I loved taking Maggie to the class and watching her--she was BEAMING the whole time--and then taking her to get hot chocolate afterward. I look forward to our Monday mornings now as we get to do this together while Papa graciously watches Delaney & Joe.




A preview of the cute chaos!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The greatest dancers will attest that Ballet is one of the most gruelling and difficult of arts to master. The top professionals spend years training and learning in order to be able to perform at the highest level. Regardless of the level of ballet being performed, Ballet shoes are an essential part of a dancer's kit.

Anonymous said...

she is such a beautiful little girl. what fun you will have. can't wait to hear more stories, that i'm sure you'll have.
Lauren N

Jeff and Jenny said...

I was going to say that this has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen, but "dance" commenter totally stole my thunder. Because I was going to follow up with the fact that ballet shoes are an essential part of a dancer's kit. I can't believe someone beat me to the punch.

Oh well, Maggie's still the cutest little thing I think I've ever seen.

Rachel said...

Did someone google "Amateur Ballerinas" and run across your blog or what? Way to advertise on a family photo website. I hate people.

Her little bird legs are so cute. I'm a little jealous. She's gorgeous.

The Leslie Clan said...

How adorable!! It's scary how natural she looks already posing! You'd think she's been in classes for months already. I'm so glad she is enjoying it! Keep us updated!

Keller Family Photos said...

what fun! she's adorable!

Rands said...

I wonder if there's an anonymous advertiser that will comment on the goat poop post... maybe someone selling an industrial strength shampoo... hmm.
She's such a cutie! I noticed a sign-up for a dance class at our rec center and I was so tempted to sign Ellie up for it! I think she may be a bit too young still (although she does have a tutu which she has definitely sported around town, to church, playgroup, etc!)

Carrie said...

She may be the CUTEST little girl in the universe!